Tuesday, September 01, 2009

OFF TOPIC---Disney & Marvel

So this is going to be a little off the beaten path, but honestly I wanted to just do something fun. I heard yesterday that Disney is going to be buying Marvel. This prompted a 30 minute discussion with my 8 year old son about what Disney/Marvel pairings would be the funniest or clearest connection. He even asked if I thought they could do the deal in time to get Mickey and the gang on the roster of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. (I told him I doubted it.)

Here's a list of some of my faves from our discussion. (btw...if you don't know who some of these people are, I need you to up your nerd quotient a little bit before continuing) :-)

Iron Man & Buzz Lightyear

Frozone & Iceman

Deadpool & Goofy (also known as the laugh track)

Thor & Stinky Pete (They both use a hammer/axe type deal...work with me. Besides, you can't say Thor & Stinky Pete out loud without laughing. Go ahead and try it....told you.)

Minnie Mouse and Jean Gray (both with more power than anyone credits them for)

Donald Duck and Gambit (similar accents)

Dash and The Human Torch

Cruella DeVille and Mystique

Mickey and Captain America

What are some combos you'd like to see or that would make you laugh out loud?