Monday, July 07, 2008

The Safest Place to Be


Friday night we were headed out to see some fireworks in a boat with some friends. About 30 minutes before the show was supposed to start we saw lightning flashing and a storm start rolling in. As we tried to get home the rain started pelting down. My son was a little afraid so I held him close to me. He told me he was scared and I told him that he was in the safest place to be. I asked him if he'd ever been hurt when Daddy was holding him. He said no.

When we got home, I shared with my kids that no matter what the circumstances surrounding them were, my arms were the safest place they could be. The spiritual parallel came clearly to me. No matter what is swirling around us, when we are in the arms of Daddy; it's the safest place to be.

Oil-Painting by Mauricio Quezada