Tuesday, March 18, 2008


This weekend we celebrate Easter. The holiest of days for our faith. Our church has a Good Friday service that focuses our attention on the price paid for our sins. I really enjoy this time of reflection and find myself coming out of it with a renewed commitment to not let His sacrifice be in vain. I thought I would take a couple of moments to write about what His Resurrection means to me.

Check out this quote:

"Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection."--Watchman Nee

This is what it means to me. That my imperfect life finds its perfection in the resurrected Christ. He carried with Him all my sin and shame to the grave. He carried the weight of my mistakes; past, present and future. As a worshiper, this pushes me to worship more than anything else. I am so undeserving of love and redemption and yet He did it anyway. My Dad always told me growing up that "if I were the only one that would've given my life to Him Jesus still would've died for me." That insight into the passionate love Jesus has for each of us has propelled my life forward as a worshiper from a young age and continues to push me forward now.

His resurrection means I am free from the law of sin and death.
His resurrection means I am no longer bound to serve my flesh.
His resurrection means I am able to walk in the Spirit.
His resurrection means I can call God my Father.
His resurrection means I can come into His presence without fear.
His resurrection means I can connect to God. Anytime. Anywhere.
His resurrection means I have a purpose to this life.
His resurrection means I don't have to fear death.
His resurrection means I am His.
His resurrection means He is mine.
His resurrection means He's my friend.

Take some time to reflect on how the resurrection of Jesus has changed you and what it means to you. I'd love to hear about it!