Thursday, November 06, 2008

Being Like the Holy Spirit

I hate it when God throws the gauntlet down on me. I was reading Jesus' words this morning on the work of the Holy Spirit and came across this challenging passage.

"Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting His own ideas; He will be telling you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future." (John 16:12 & 13 NLT)

So, here's the BIG challenge for me out of that. If I'm truly being led by the Spirit then should I "not be presenting my ideas" but "telling what I've heard"? Should I hide myself in prayer until I have clarity about the "future" God has for those He's called me to lead and walk beside?

What a challenge and a call to prayer. How do you play out the call to lead with clarity? How do you "not present your own ideas" and present "what you've heard"?

Consider the gauntlet thrown.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Word up brother. I'm really feelin' this message. Prayer is critical. God bless you.
    Anonymous said...
    Excellent topic and definitely one in which I struggle with all of the time. I often fall back on the "Gospel according to Chris" instead of relying on the Word as given to us by God. Jesus makes it perfectly clear in verse 14..."In doing this he will give glory to me, because he will have received from me what he will announce to you." I don't think the Lord could have made it any easier for us to follow...my thoughts are that we have to submerge ourselves totally in prayer to be able to hear His Word and then be faithful and heed and obey His commands. It's when we allow our pride and ambition take over that we find ourselves in trouble and open to attacks from the enemy...thanks for the reminder brother...cjf

Post a Comment