Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's That Time

It's that time of year again. Time for worship leaders to bring their best "thankfulness" set and for pastors to preach their best "thankful" sermons. Sometimes it can be boring to fall into the same old routine. Truth is; I love this time of year. Not because people focus more on being thankful, but because this season begins to focus us on the One that every good gift comes from. Because leaves fall and I'm reminded that this season, whatever it is, isn't my end. That sometimes things have to die to become beautiful again. And that cold times are best spent with warm people.

I love that my family gets together. That friends get closer. Presents come more often and parties are the norm. I relish the hugs that others give that they might normally hold out on. I cherish seeing children marvel at the spectacle of it all. Most of all, I revel in Jesus who gives us a reason to celebrate and a season to treasure.

What do you love about this season?