Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Cat's Out of the Bag

So...the cat's out of the bag. My family and I are moving. I'll post some more stuff later, but the long and short of it is that Misty and I believe that God is calling us to be closer to our family. I'd like to go deeper into all the things that led us here, but I'm going to wait until it's all hindsight. Things are always clearer then. My Mom is going through her third round of chemo and Misty's Dad isn't exactly the picture of health. All those things combined with prayer and counsel from wise friends has led us to this place.

In His providence, He's also led us to a cool church (and a great team) that has been in the middle of some transition and is giving us an opportunity to love, lead and grow with Grace Community in Raleigh, NC. We're very sad to be leaving a place we love and friends we treasure, but are also excited about the days ahead. Sometime next week I'm going to post the 10 things I'll miss about here and the 10 things I'm looking forward to.

If you see me or my wife over the next couple of weeks, give us a hug; we'll need it. More details to come. In the meantime, what are your best tips for making a move successful? (especially where young kids are involved)

1 Comment:

  1. Gloria said...
    Get the kids rooms setup first. Make it look familiar and homey to them right away:)

Post a Comment