Saturday, January 03, 2009

A New Day: late night thoughts

So I'm up late tonight. Praying about this new leg of my journey. Praying for the people God has called me to serve and lead. Listening to some worship music and reading some Psalms.

Just trying to wrap my mind around all He is doing in this new season. I think the weight of this new assignment is hitting me tonight. (ok. it's actually morning)

One thing I know. I'm not doing this alone. Someone gave my Mom Proverbs 4:12 which talks about wisdom guiding us in unhindered steps.

This is not the time for me to try and do things on my own. I am determined to be obedient to Him and accomplish His vision in the new year.

The only way I can do that is by getting Adam out of the way and trusting "Him who has begun a good work" to finish it.

So, as you think about the be year, what big things has He placed in your heart that you can't do without Him? Let's dream together.

3 Comments:

  1. Casey and Sarah said...
    You definitely have a 'weighty' assignment, but God has brought you here and he will complete the work. Let's all get ourselves out the way and see what he does!
    Anonymous said...
    Adam - Every thing you have experienced and done and learned and regretted can be used by God to complete the work He has for you in this new place. This new assignment is not to be a burden on your shoulders, but an invitation to join God in doing His work here. Welcome to grace!
    Anonymous said...
    Praying for you man

    Keith

Post a Comment