Monday, January 05, 2009

Weekend Recap

Here's a little recap of what went down this weekend in my world.

Worship Set:

  • Beautiful One
  • Friend of God
  • What a Friend We Have in Jesus
  • Communion
  • Forevermore
Random thoughts:

  • It was my first Sunday in a new place so that was a little nerve wracking, but God was faithful. Kept the worship set simple and singable.
  • No drummer for 2 of 3 services. I would've normally been a little bugged by this, but everything felt like the glass was half full for me. The band reacted well and I think we were still able to carry enough energy.
  • Great response from the congregation after the services. Seems like everyone is ready to jump into what God wants to do next in worship here at Grace.
  • I'm definitely a bit of a switch from the norm, but the worship team (band/vocals/AV) all reacted well even when I went off the script.
  • I really enjoyed getting to lead the people of Grace in worshiping our great God together. (we even had a few clappers in the 11 service)

I think God has brought me to a "weighty" and "challenging" season, but I'm looking forward to tackling this season with my new church family and seeing us become who it is He is calling us to be!