Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Recap

I just realized that I've not done a post since my last weekend recap. Sorry about that. It's been a crazy week learning the ropes at a new church, new area and all that fun stuff. Anyway...I'll get back on the ball.

With that said...here's my thoughts on the weekend.

Worship Set:

  • Meet With Me
  • Holy is the Lord
  • How Great is Our God/How Great Thou Art
  • Response: Take My Life
Random Thoughts:

  • Brian Worley (our Jr. High Pastor) ROCKED his sharing time about being "Uniquely Crafted" while delicately handling his wife's cool pottery. I'll admit I prayed for him every time he picked up those pieces.
  • The line of the day that made me smile: "I knew you were going to be a good worship leader when I saw your kicks."
  • Saturday night service was GREAT! Big adjustment for me leading on Saturday, but there was a real sense of worship that night.
  • Lots of fun being interviewed by Sass. Almost got out of hand with the joking in the 11, but fun none the less.
  • Mercy caught some stomach thing. I'm trying to figure out a way to blame this on our Senior Teaching Pastor who was out with a stomach thing as well.
  • The worship team, from the booth to the stage, are all working really hard. It is noted and appreciated!
  • My man Les said that he was "completely drained" after the 9:15. I LOVE passionate worship leading that leaves us on empty when we're done.
  • They threw up a graphic in the 9:15 that I'll probably try and tweak some this week. (but we're getting there)
Going to be a great service next week continuing to talk about being "Uniquely Crafted" and how our passions are given to us by God. Bring a friend that is passionate about things other than Jesus right now and let's see their heart change to pursuing something deeper!