Thursday, February 05, 2009

Prayer in the Front Seat

I'm coming to the conclusion that there are some things only prayer can fix. You'd think being a worship pastor, I'd already be rolling with that knowledge. But, if I'm honest, I try to fix a lot of things from my small reservoir of knowledge and personal leadership skills.


It hit me like a ton of bricks this week. I really felt like the Lord was telling me; "this next season of your life is going to require prayer over everything else". 

I read something Anne Jackson (@flowerdust) said today. "Doing for God isn't the same as being with God". That totally reinforced this view of the preeminent role prayer needs to play in my life as a leader. 

Sometimes it's so easy to do and hard to pray.

Sometimes I want to run with the ball before I know the play.

But there comes a time when all I need to do is wait.

It's time to put prayer in the front seat. If anybody needs me; I'll be buckled up in the back loving every minute of it.


1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's awesome Adam. You're right...there have been two many times that I have just gone on auto-pilot acted first and prayed after the fact. I probably could have saved myself alot more steps and heartache if I would have prayed first and then moved.

Post a Comment