Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Prayer of Likability

Someone called me the other day and said they "needed everyone to like me". That could be the most difficult job description I've ever heard. With that in mind, let's say a short prayer.

"Heavenly Father, please let them love blue jeans and tennis shoes.

Help them enjoy a ranging variety of music and styles.

May they always appreciate quick wit and sarcasm.

And help them to love an overweight, balding guy who's still trying to hold on to being cool.

In Jesus' name.

Amen."

What would you pray in your prayer of likability? (now's also the time when all my friends comment and tell me what I missed in mine)

2 Comments:

  1. cdog12 said...
    Does Jesus care if you're liked?
    adam herod said...
    Probably not a lot, but I can't imagine he doesn't "care". He does tell us that the world will reject us as it rejected Him. As you probably know, I wrote this more as a play on the request I got.

    I do notice that He tells those of us in the church to love each other though. Could be that we could expect to be disliked by those who don't believe and embraced by those who do. Not always the case however.

    DISCLAIMER---I got done writing for a funeral this morning @ 2AM, so if this doesn't make sense let's chalk it up to sleepiness.

Post a Comment