Thursday, March 19, 2009

amazing faith

As many of you know, some friends of a friend lost their 8-year old after his battle with Leukemia. His Dad posted something today that I felt was worth passing on. It's his honest prayer from the grave side of his son. I wept as I read it and hope that you will take the time to pray for this family today. Here's what Preston had to say:

Our Father Who Art In Heaven

Heavenly Father, I stand before you with an humbled heart. I know that I cannot hide my feelings from You and would not even try. I am glad You know my thoughts. I will not have to explain this note to You. My heart aches from missing the little one you entrusted to my care for a short while. I know he came home to you in good standing. I went to the grave today to sit on the bench and just listen to the birds chirping and feel the wind blowing across this land which you designed. I could not help but feel Your Holy presence as I just sat there with my wife. We wept before you as we talked over a closed tomb. We are assured that one day we will be allowed to enter your land of paradise. We await your return and beg a speedy one. We have some friends and family that are not ready to go just now. Please speak to their hearts and prepare them for the road ahead. We do not want them to be lost when You return. We have tried to be faithful yet our hearts ache. We have written the words as you gave them to us and many are blessed by them. I do not regret one word of it for it is the truth; but I must confess I am a bit jealous of You today. You have something I covet with my heart. Please forgive me if it is sin but I do not believe it is. I am honored that you allowed us a little time with one of Your most precious and valuable gifts. If You would not think it inappropriate, could you just give him a hug each morning and a kiss each night till I can be there to do it myself. You are The God of this universe and my creator and I mean no disrespect. I only speak from the hollow of my brokenness. Do not be slow to speak to me in days to come for I will harken thee. You have my attention O Lord. I will take rest upon your strength because mine is filthy. As we journey through this life help us in our sorrow till it becomes joy. We do solemnly vow praise to You for You are HOLY! Praise be to God in the highest!! Rejoice people! Rejoice and lift loud praises to a strong and mighty King! He will deliver us! Jesus Christ is Lord! Forever Live King Jesus! Amen

(original source: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/theclownfish)