Thursday, July 30, 2009

I love helping others figure out how to navigate the issues going on in their life/team/church/organization. It makes me feel alive to help other people. I've given advice over this last month on social networking, worship team policies, connecting a firewire hard drive to a USB only computer and church service formats. I love seeing others succeed. I have my bouts with personal ambition and jealousy when others go further than I do, but at my heart I'm a servant leader who believes in supporting the dreams of others.

I'm becoming convinced that one of my strengths moving forward will not be knowing all the information but knowing where to find information. I am building more relational capital by sharing information freely than I ever did by trying to keep my sources on lock down and appear smarter than I am. I have my former church to thank for that to a large degree. They helped open my heart even more to how to bless others.

There is a paradigm shift from being the guy (or gal) with all the answers to being the gal (or guy) who can steer someone to thought and on their own process to find answers. It's one of the reasons I'm always linking to others. Sometimes it can get annoying if you turn into some one's personal google, but people truly appreciate someone who knows where to find answers.

Do you share your knowledge freely? Any thoughts on how this applies to your world? I'd love to know your thoughts.